I previously posted about how I decided to go with the United MileagePlus Explorer card for their 50,000 offer. At the time I had not yet met the spending requirements of $1,000 in 3 months so I hadn’t gotten my 50,000 miles yet. A lot of people have been wondering what the time-frame for actually receiving the miles credited to your United MileagePlus account were.
Timeframe for United MileagePlus Explorer Card Mile Credit
Some mileage offers such as the Fidelity 50,000 mile offer can take weeks or months for the miles to finally be credited to your account. Thankfully here is the timeframe I experienced with my Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card:
- January 6th: Approved for the Card with a $22k limit
- January 14th: Received the card in the mail*
- January 16th: Month of January closed (odd that it was this early, didn’t meet spend since it only had $500 in flights on the card)
- February 16th: Month of February closed (met the $1,000 spending qualification this time for the United MileagePlus Explorer card)
- February 22nd: Received my 50,000 mile credit to my account
I was honestly very surprised at the quick turnaround for the mile credit. One of the benefits of the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card is that it pretty much directly connects to your MileagePlus account so it really only takes 2-3 days after your billing period ends to credit the miles to your account.
I’m still planning on cancelling the card at the end of the year before the annual fee hits but I’m very happy to report that I properly received by 50,000 mile credit for $1,000 minimum spend.
* As a side note, apparently if you call Chase and talk to a representative they will almost always give you next-day shipping on your credit card for free. Unfortunately I didn’t learn about this until after I got the card.